<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://mygoldenpear.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Golden Pear: CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE BALLS

Thursday 27 December 2012

CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE BALLS


Aaaah - peace and quiet.
 
Today is the first day since just before Christmas that the kids have really been able to venture outdoors.  My poor hubby has taken them off to the park to try and wear them out - he never succeeds but I'm quite happy to let him try. 
 
I'm just enjoying my 'me' time sitting in my kitchen, looking out the window and watching the sun desperately trying to break through the mass of grey clouds that seem to be forever threatening these days.
 
Of course, at times like this I end up thinking of food.  What will I serve on New Years Eve?  I have to admit that even for someone like me who loves food - I'm struggling to get excited about another over indulgent feast.
 
 
I'm craving something spicy and couldn't possibly eat another creamy, chocolaty dessert. Of course, I'll probably feel different in a couple of days.  Instead of dessert I thought I would make these chocolate truffle balls to have with our coffee after the meal.
 
They are not as rich as the authentic cream and chocolate truffles but are made with crushed biscuits instead.  My Mum has been making these for years and I have changed her recipe slightly by leaving out the coconut and dipping them in melted chocolate.  Most of the flavor will come from the chocolate you choose to dip them in.  My favourite has to be the dark chocolate with Sea Salt Flakes on the top.   
 

Prep time: 20 minutes plus chilling time 
Yield: Approximately 30
 
 
Ingredients
 
 
Cooking Directions
  1. Add the condensed milk and butter to a saucepan and heat gently on the stovetop until the butter has melted.
  2. In a bowl, mix the crushed biscuit crumbs together with the cocoa powder.
  3. Add the condensed milk mixture to the biscuit crumbs and stir together until well combined.
  4. Put the mixture in the fridge for about 1 hour to cool down completely.
  5. Roll the mixture into balls (about the size of a walnut) and place on a baking tray which has been lined with baking paper.
  6. Return to the fridge to chill.
  7. Gently melt your chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
  8. Using a kebab stick or something similar to hold your truffles, dip them in the melted chocolate and place back on the baking tray.
  9. Return to the fridge to chill.
 
        Written by : Angela Darroch

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 28 December 2012 at 02:02 , Anonymous Suzanne Perazzini said...

It's good to see you back on your blog. These truffles look like great classics and I love them dipped in chocolate like this. I hope you had a great Christmas and that your New Year goes well.

 
At 29 December 2012 at 15:32 , Blogger Karen S Booth said...

These look absolutely divine and and the photos are lovely too! Happy New Year, Karen

 
At 4 January 2013 at 12:13 , Blogger Jules said...

I love the sound of these, they will be great to make with my pupils. Your photos are fabulous! Happy new year

 
At 5 January 2013 at 03:16 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Jules. They are very easy to make. Off to have a look at your blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home