<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://mygoldenpear.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Golden Pear: PRAWNS WITH RED CURRY CREAM

Tuesday 31 July 2012

PRAWNS WITH RED CURRY CREAM

I'm always on the look out for new and interesting starters so with my hubby away on business I thought I would try this one which I found in one of my old Taste magazines. There is a lot involved in making all the different components so probably not one for your average family get together but more for a flashy dinner party.  It is quite spicy and I think it needs to be in order to cut through the richness of the coconut cream sauce.  I did try one version with less curry paste but it was just too insipid.  I have also tried using Thai sticky rice instead of the sushi rice but it was far too heavy and glutinous.  I think a small portion of plain boiled rice would work just as well.



Prep time: 40 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 1 hr 10 mins

Yield: 4


Ingredients

For the red curry cream:
  • 2 tblsps red curry paste
  • 125 ml coconut milk
  • 175 ml cream
  • 2 sticks lemongrass, crushed
  • 1 small knob fresh ginger, peeled & crushed

  • 16 medium tiger prawns
  • oil for frying
  • 200 g cooked sushi rice
  • Half a butternut, boiled and cubed
  • 1 tsp sesame seeds
  • 50 g peanuts, chopped finely
  • fresh baby leaves to garnish

Cooking Directions
  1. To make the red curry cream, place a saucepan over a medium heat.
  2. Add the red curry paste and heat for a few seconds until fragrant.
  3. Add the coconut milk, cream, lemongrass and ginger and simmer for 15 mins until slightly reduced and full of flavour.
  4. To cook the prawns, place a pan over a high heat. Lightly toss the prawns in the oil before flash frying for 20 seconds on each side.
  5. Divide the rice and butternut between 4 plates and top with 4 prawns each.
  6. Scatter over the sesame seeds and peanuts before drizzling with the red curry cream.
  7. Top with the fresh baby leaves.
 
Written by : Angela Darroch       

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 5 September 2012 at 22:49 , Blogger Susy said...

oh my! love prawn, coconut milk, and curry!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home