<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://mygoldenpear.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Golden Pear: MY NOT SO GOOD CHOCOLATE MASCARPONE CHEESECAKE

Monday 23 July 2012

MY NOT SO GOOD CHOCOLATE MASCARPONE CHEESECAKE

Amongst my collection of cookery books and magazines I have a large pile of folded up pieces of paper which I have collected over time.  These are recipes which have been passed on to me, articles torn out of magazines, quick notes made from my favourite TV shows - you name it - I've got it.  Every now and again I haul this treasure trove out of my cupboard and look through it for something to catch my eye.  This time round it was a recipe for a Chocolate Mascarpone Cheesecake.  When I read through the list of ingredients I just knew it had to be delicious and that it would be perfect for my 'fancy' dinner coming up soon.  What is not to like about mascarpone cheese, double cream, chocolate, almonds, brandy and best of all - hot chocolate sauce over the top?  I set to work with great anticipation.  The smell was heavenly, the tasting of each process was divine.  It was a messy process with loads of bowls and utensils but it didn't bother me, the reward would be worth it.  After an hour in the oven it looked perfect.  I plated up a slice with some vanilla ice cream and the homemade chocolate sauce whilst patting myself on the back at how delicious it looked.  I spent the next half an hour taking my photos trying not to tuck in too early.  Finally the moment had arrived - tasting time.  My first mouthful was a bit of a surprise - nothing much to taste.  I tried another mouthful - it was worse than the first.  The texture was nothing less than awful.  It was like eating air but in a sandstorm - slightly grainy from the ground almonds.  I called my 5 year old son to ask for his opinion.  "Mmm - I don't think we should take it on the picnic tomorrow" was his reply.  What?  How can something that looks this good not taste delicious and not even appeal to a 5 year old?  With no further ado it was tossed in the bin and I spent the next half an hour tidying up the mess in my kitchen - very grudgingly I might add.



So sadly there is no recipe to go with this delicious looking dessert.  It was a bad day at the office for me.  Better luck next time.


Written by : Angela Darroch





Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 23 July 2012 at 15:55 , Anonymous Suzanne Perazzini said...

It looks totally delicious. What a terrible waste of mascarpone and chocolate. You could have at least eaten the cream and caramel sauce, surely. Or perhaps that's the mascarpone. What a shame!

 
At 23 July 2012 at 23:54 , Blogger Unknown said...

I agree - a terrible waste of really good and expensive ingredients. I have a feeling my husband thinks I made this story up to hide the fact that I ate the whole cheesecake :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home