I have to confess that chocolate ice cream is not my favorite but in the latest Food and Travel magazine there is a dessert which intrigues me. It looks fabulous but I just can't see how all the different flavors can work together. It involves making three different ice creams and one of them is this chocolate gelato. I've now made two - one to go. Hopefully by tomorrow my dessert will be ready to try in time for National Ice Cream day.
Source - Food and Travel
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: n/a
Total time: 15 mins plus 30 mins churning time
- 500 ml full cream milk
- 165 ml whipping cream
- 40 g dark chocolate
- 160 g caster sugar
- 50 g cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 egg white
- Put the milk, cream and dark chocolate in a saucepan and heat gently to boiling point.
- Leave to one side to cool down.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, egg white and the cocoa powder.
- Add the milk mixture and whisk together until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn until ready.