Every year we set off to France for our summer break with my Mum and Dad and every year I say I am going to eat sensibly. What happens - my Mum dishes up her famous lemon fridge tart and all my resolve goes out the window and it is pretty much down hill from that moment.
This fridge tart is very sweet but if you serve it with a raspberry sauce and some dark chocolate it is pure heaven. It freezes beautifully - I cut mine into portion sizes and then open freeze until just frozen. Once frozen, pack into a tupperware dish and keep in the freezer until needed. I decorate mine once it has defrosted and voila you have a super quick dessert for those unexpected guests.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: n/a
Total time: 15 mins plus time in the refrigerator
Yield: 12 servings (you only need a small piece)
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 200 ml fresh lemon juice
- 250 g coffee creamer
- 30 ml water
- 250 g Tennis biscuits
- Put condensed milk and lemon juice in a bowl and mix until thick.
- In another bowl put the coffee creamer, water and some of the condensed milk mixture and mix immediately until well combined.
- Add the rest of the condensed milk mixture and beat again until well combined.
- Line a tin - roughly 12" x 6" with one layer of biscuits.
- Pour half the condensed milk mixture on top of the biscuits and spread out evenly.
- Add another layer of biscuits.
- Add the rest of the condensed milk mixture and spread out evenly.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least one day.
- To serve - decorate with raspberry sauce and chocolate curls.
""Note"" I think Tennis biscuits are typically a South African biscuit. In the UK I use 'Nice' biscuits which are very similar. They are a butter biscuit with a hint of coconut in them.
Written by : Angela Darroch