Prep time: 18 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Yield: 20 biscuits
- 125 g Softened Butter
- 110 g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 250 g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3.75 ml Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- For Rolling : mix the following two ingredients together in a large flat dish
- 3 tblsps Caster Sugar
- 2 tsps Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl until the mixture is light and
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Sift in the flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, baking powder and salt and gently mix together to form a soft dough.
- In a separate bowl, combine the two ingredients for rolling until well mixed.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into walnut sized balls then roll in the sugar and cinnamon mixture to coat.
- Place on a baking tray, space about 3 cm apart.
- Flatten with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for 12 - 15 mins, or until they feel firm around the edges.
- Allow to stand for a couple of mins on the baking tray, then carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool.