With temperatures soaring, our thoughts are on trying to keep cool. Yesterday the kids asked for ice cream after school and they both bought a creamy vanilla ice cream covered in chocolate. Delicious but not very refreshing. As clementines are currently in season and nothing beats the flavour of fruit in season I decided to make a refreshing sorbet for the after school treat. The verdict from the kids - ooh this is beautiful!!
Prep time: 20 mins plus freezing time
Yield: Approx 1 litre
- 15 Clementines or oranges, juiced
- 2 Lemons, juiced
- 500 ml Caster sugar, approx
- Juice the oranges and lemons and remove only the tough white bits of pith or any seeds from the lemons.
- Measure the volume of the juice and add half the same amount of caster sugar. I had 1 litre of juice and used 500 ml of sugar.
- Mix together and pour into your ice cream machine and churn until frozen.
- (Alternatively pour the mixture into a rectangular container and freeze. Once frozen, remove from the freezer and beat. Freeze again until completely set).